Folks, Amedeo here. Now, being a ghost, I am not one for big words. I therefore present you here the best and the rest from my link collection – enjoy!
- How does Homeopathy work?– basically, you need look no further. But if you care to, here are the folks behind it:
- Should you feel a need to go deeper, why not head over to the recent, large scale evidence review done by the Aussies.
- Or revisit last month’s US FDA hearing on homeopathy – webcast recordings now available. Transcripts should be out some time in the future.
- Now this, folks, is how it should NOT be done.
- And certainly, this is some of the most important things that should NOT be done (similar folks are all over the place – Haiti and most recently, Nepal):
- Whatstheharm (they’re on twitter, too: @WhatsTheHarm) do a great job presenting exactly how fraudulent quacks are dangerous.
- Now to lighten things up a bit, I leave you with: “Towards a Quantum Mechanical Interpretation of Homeopathy“
- A bit of poesy
- and… a game: Homeopathic Battleship! Yay!
- Let’s start with the man himself, old Sam H, and his bible: The Organon of Medicine.
- Now how do our diluted friends go about evidence gathering? While they stubbornly keep at RCTs, here’s how they’re all wrong: why RCTs are not at tool for assessing efficacy (has maths!)
- But wait, beyond Evidence THAT it works, can they also figure out HOW it works? Well, this is what’s being taught to BHMS students in India – and they do one hell of a job absorbing the gospel. I present to you – “Nanotech in Homoeopathy” – by Ms. Haripriya, 2nd Year BHMS student.
- And if you haven’t seen enough yet, the memory of water is certainly one of the most beloved ideas to woosters.
- So the gold standard for evidence gathering is not the RCT, but the “proving”, as laid out by Sam H.: here’s an exposé by Clever homeopathy – they now call it the homeopathic pathogenic trial. Very sciency.
- But can homeopathistas actually agree on how to go about it?
- There’s really an amazing breadth of remedies, and you can look into the respective provings here: an extensive database of the whackery (literally) being done.
- But my absolute HEROES are these guys.
- Now sadly, there are parallel universes on Twitter in which homeopathistas lock themselves into echo chambers – blocking left, right and preventatively. So, I won’t even name names but here’s one of the Twisted Sisters.
- and if that was not enough, here’s the absolute, rock bottom, last link I present to you – the Placebo song.